The National Wildlife Federation Action Fund and state affiliate the Environmental League of Massachusetts Action Fund have given the nod Ed Markey, the endorsement comes on the heals of the MoveOn.org approval in the last twenty-four hours.
From the Markey statement:
Among Rep. Markey’s top conservation highlights:
· Co-authoring the first ever climate change legislation to pass the House
· Successfully battling for landmark new fuel economy standards that will save Americans more than $1.7 trillion at the gas pump
· Working for full enforcement of air pollution limits to protect public health as well as fish and wildlife
· Leading successful efforts to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other cherished public lands across the country
· Fighting BP to make public a live video feed of its Gulf oil gusher, which scientists analyzed to determine the spill rate was much higher than BP’s public estimate